This course will help you master the art of fundraising through funding proposals. We normally write proposals because donors call for submission of proposals. Sometimes, we approach the donors asking the possibility of getting budget. In both cases, we have to describe about our organization, why we want to carry out this project, what we will do and how much money we request. At the same time, it is necessary to consider specific needs of the donor. Many of the donors have clear proposal guidelines with formats. It is important to read them carefully before we write the proposal. We also need to understand or assume that the donors do not know well about the area we are talking about and sometimes they don’t know what is going on. Brief explanation about your area can help them understand the situation well.
2. Why attend this Training
This course is a great fit for you or your organization if you…
• Write new business proposals or respond to RFPs.
• Work on a Resource mobilization or marketing team.
• Are new to writing proposals.
• Want to improve your proposal writing skills.
• Write internal business proposals.
• Review proposals before submission.
3. What you'll learn
• Writing winning proposals effectively and efficiently.
• Develop proposals with a higher chance of winning.
• Learn how to differentiate your proposals from competitors.
• Best practices, templates, guides, and tips and tricks.
• Proposal strategy, planning, drafting and improving.
• Thinking like a proposal evaluator, funder, buyer or investor.
• Learning to win business via grants and contracts.
• Guided hands-on practical proposal writing sessions
4. Training methods
The training course will be run in a workshop style with a high degree of participant involvement. Group work will be interspersed with input sessions. Adult learning methodologies will be employed, and participants will not be passive. Debate and discussion will be encouraged. The trainer is expert facilitator, and under his guidance, the participants will also be able to learn from and share with each other.
EPRN will issue Certificates of Completion to participants who successfully attended the course and pass the course test.
Note: At the end of the course, the trainer will deliver a test, and ONLY participants to pass the course with at least 60% will get the certificate. Others will be advised to wait until another training opportunity for the same course (free of charge).
6. Training Fees
Members: 20,000 Rwf
Non-members: 100,000 Rwf (80,000Rwf for those who will be able to pay 7 days before training date)
7. Application process
Interested applicants are encouraged to pay the registration fees through the following bank details:
Bank Account: 00040 06945750 07 RWF (Bank of Kigali)
Title of the Account: Economic Policy Research Network
Scan the bank slip and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to: email@example.com OR bring the hard copy of bank slip to EPRN office located at University of Rwanda Headquarters-CBE Gikondo (former SFB).
NB: Applicants are required to bring their laptops. EPRN will provide evening tea/coffee and snacks to participants.
If you need further clarifications, call us through: 0788357648 or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org